Warm Audio Large-Diaphragm Tube Condenser Microphone - WA-47
Blast from the Past
The WA-47 is an all vacuum tube, large diaphragm, transformer balanced, multi-pattern (9), large condenser microphone, based on the classic '47 that has been used on countless hit records for the last 50+ years. The WA-47 is designed for pro studio, home studio, live, and broadcast applications and sounds great on vocals, acoustic/electric guitars, acoustic/electric bass, drums, piano, strings, brass/woodwind instruments, and an array of other sources.
The classic '47 became extremely popular in the 1960s and is now considered one of the greatest microphones ever made. The classic '47 is still widely used today in professional recording studios but have become extremely rare and expensive to acquire.
True '47 Style Capsule
The WA-47 utilizes a custom reproduction of the vintage k47 style capsule that was used in the classic '47 microphone – designed with the same hole pattern and frequency response. Every Warm Audio capsule is made in the same small assembly house in a clean-room environment, and packaged in its own protective jewel case until the moment it is loaded into the microphone.
Each capsule is visually inspected and electrically tested for imperfections. A large part of any microphone's tone comes from its capsule, and the true k47 style capsule used in the WA-47 is not easily manufactured or typically found in affordable condenser microphones. We are proud to be using such a faithful recreation of this classic part in an affordably priced '47 style microphone.
- Custom True '47 Capsule Reproduction (K47 Style) - Model# WA-47-B-80v
- Capsule Makeup: Gold Sputtered, Dual Large Diaphragm, Single Backplate, 6 Microns NOS Mylar (PET Film)
- TAB-Funkenwerk (AMI)
- USA Output Transformer
- JJ Slovak 5751 Vacuum Tube
- Gotham 3 meter
- GAC-7, 7-pin tube microphone cable
- Wima, Solen French, And Polystyrene Capacitors
- Self-Noise: 11dBA
- Polar Patterns: 9 Patterns - Cardioid, Omni, Figure-Of-Eight + 6 Mixed Patterns
- Dynamic Range: 130dBA Maximum SPL: 140dB (<0.5% THD)
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz~20 KHz
- Output Impedance: 200 ohms
- Rated Load Impedance: ?2kOhms
- S/N Ratio: 82dBA
- Equivalent Noise: 10dBA (IEC651) External IEC Grounded PSU
- Total Weight - 9 Lbs
- Mic Diameter: 60mm
- Mic Length: 254mm
- Includes: External power supply shock mount wood box 7-pin cable
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.