Warm Audio Dual Channel British Microphone Preamp - WA273
A Dual Channel '73 for the Rest of Us
If there's one style of preamp that professional engineers would unanimously agree has defined the tone of pop/rock records for decades, it would most definitely be the venerable '73-style of mic pre. '73-style preamps have been massively used in recording and live applications for many years and are still considered to be the “Holy Grail” of preamp choices today.
The Warm Audio “WA73 Family” consists of single and dual channel '73-style amps (with and without EQ), that each pay careful homage to British audio history. The WA273 is a “Desert Island” boutique preamp, but it can also be classified as a studio and live work-horse. Classic '73-style preamps are known for being versatile tools that work with all kinds of microphones from Condenser, to Dynamic, to Ribbon. The WA273 equally shines on all types of microphones and sources including; vocals, acoustic/electric guitars, bass, drums, percussion, orchestras, keyboards, and even as a tone shaping tool to run partial or complete mixes through.
With 80dB of gain and a fully discrete Carnhill Transformer balanced signal path, there's no recording, mixing, or engineering task that the WA273 can't handle.
- Dual Channel, Class A, '73-Style British Microphone Preamp
- Uk Made
- Carnhill Transformers
- Hand Wired, Hand Assembled
- 80Db Of Gain - Resistor Stepped Gain Switch
- Fully Discrete Tone Button - Changes Input
- Transformer Impedance For Varying Tone
- Polarity Switch
- 48V Phantom Power
- 4 Position Inductor Based Hipass Filter - 50, 80, 160, 300 Hz
- XLR Mic Input Line Level
- TRS Input
- TS Send/Receive Insert Jacks
- XLR & TRS Line Level Outputs
- Direct In, Instrument Input
- Freq Response 20Hz - 20Khz +/-.5 Db
- 19" Rackmountable
- Internal LEC
- 115V/230V Power Inlet
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.