Tascam Linear PCM Recorder Road-Ready Studio-Quality 192kHz/24-bit - DR-100MKIII
TASCAM’s top-of-the-line Handheld Digital Recorder, the DR-100mkIII boasts a signal-to-noise ratio exceeding 100dB, delivering the best audio performance in the history of TASCAM portable stereo recorders. Designed to meet the needs of the most demanding audio designers and engineers, this new model combines robust reliability, an updated user interface and studio quality sonic performance to deliver a truly breathtaking audio experience.
AKM AK4558 converters with VELVET SOUND architecture deliver a S/N ratio of 102dB
Used in a variety of combinations, depending upon the selected function, the DR-100mkIII features dual AKM AK4558 converters with VELVET SOUND architecture, providing both high sound quality and low power consumption, achieving a signal-to-noise ratio of 102dB.
Dual ADC mode, using two AK4558 converters in parallel operation, provides a S/N ratio of 109dB
The dual ADC mode uses two AK4558 AD converters in parallel operation. Signal-to-noise ratio is maximized and audio fidelity is improved, delivering a 109dB S/N ratio as compared to the (already excellent) 102dB S/N ratio achieved when recording in standard mode.
Note: As the S/N ratio when recording exceeds the S/N ratio of the entire circuit, data recorded in dual ADC mode will be limited to a 102dB S/N ratio when played back on the DR-100mkIII. This does not affect the S/N ratio of the actual file, which is maintained at 109dB S/N
External microphones supported with XLR/TRS inputs and built-in low-noise HDDA mic preamps
The XLR/TRS inputs, used to connect external mics, deliver the highest sound quality and lowest noise of any TASCAM Handheld Digital Recorder. HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) mic preamps are also included to maintain a pristine audio signal path throughout.
Onboard dual (directional/omnidirectional) stereo microphones with integrated shockmounts deliver flexible recording options while retaining professional quality audio performance
A newly designed microphone housing for the directional mics is based on exhaustive research of previous TASCAM hand held recorders and achieves the perfect marriage of protection and performance. Similarly, the omnidirectional stereo microphone setup features sound pressure level tolerance of 125 dB SPL – able to withstand virtually any audio environment.
Supports up to 192kHz/24-bit recording
The TASCAM DR-100mkIII supports high definition recording at both 96kHz/24-bit and 192kHz/24-bit, ensuring that remote recordings achieve the same sonic fidelity as their studio-born counterparts.
Shock mount structure
An integrated shock mount structure for the directional stereo microphone suppresses unwanted vibration and handling noise.
TASCAM reliability and features designed for professionals in the field
Dual battery structure allows the built-in high-capacity lithium-ion battery to be used along with 2 AA batteries
With a dual battery structure that allows the built-in high-capacity lithium-ion battery to be used with in concert with AA batteries, operation is possible for extended periods of time ensuring that the DR-100mkIII is ready to go when you are. Additionally, the DR-100mkIII can be rapidly charged by connecting an AC adapter and even support USB Bus power from an external battery pack commonly used to charge mobile phones and tablets.
TASCAM’s unique Dual Level recording function allows simultaneous recording of a backup file at a lower gain level TASCAM's exclusive Dual Level Recording function simultaneously records a secondary backup file at a lower gain level than the primary recording. This safety file, recorded at a 12db lower level protects your recording session from unexpected volume spikes and accidental overload.
Locking XLR/TRS combo jacks made by Amphenol
Locking XLR/TRS combo jacks made by Amphenol ensure high reliability in the field and protect against unwanted connectivity issues.
Tough aluminum body to deliver years of reliable use
Marrying light weight with long-term reliability, the TASCAM DR-100mkIII’s tough aluminum body ensures many years of trouble-free use.
High-precision clock featuring a temperature-compensated crystal oscillator (TCXO)
The precision of the built-in clock is crucial when digital recordings made on what device are to be used in conjunction with materials recorded on other devices, such as when combining digital audio and video assets. To ensure stability, the DR-100mkIII utilizes the same Temperature-Compensated Crystal Oscillator (TCXO) used in professional studio master recorders. Moreover, the TCXO is not affected by the temperature of the environment, critical for a portable device which must maintain its precision in support of high-quality recording.
The TASCAM DR-100mkIII offers improved usability based on user feedback
When working on location, decisions must be made quickly and efficiently, and an intuitive and consistent User Interface is critical. By gathering feedback from users of the original DR-100 and the MKII, we have been able to add a variety of usability enhancements designed to streamline workflow and help audio professionals achieve success quickly and efficiently.
The user interface has been designed to provide clear visual feedback, and includes both a large LCD screen and dedicated status LEDs
The user interface has been designed to maximize visual confirmation, and includes a large LCD screen (double the size of the screen on the DR-100mkII), dedicated status LEDs for features such as record levels and status and easy-to-read legends on the casework.
Select hardware switches for quick and positive setting control
Dedicated hardware controls have been implemented for the most commonly accessed features to enable quick, positive operation in the field.
Dual format recording function allows simultaneous recording of both WAV and MP3 files
Dual format recording function allows simultaneous recording of both uncompressed WAV(BWF) and MP3 files. This provides the user with instant access to both the original, full resolution master file and a compressed MP3 file (with a much smaller file size) for easy emailing or posting to social media sites.
XRI(eXtended Recording Information) function
XRI (eXtended Recording Information) function stores keeps track of all recording settings as part of the file. This powerful features allows the user to easily double-check the details of the original recording for logging or replication of recording conditions at a later date. This information includes date and time of recording, input sources selection and levels, ADC mode on/off status and more. XRI information is stored as part of the BWF data block.
- Recording Media SD card (64MB to 2GB), SDHC card (4GB to 32GB), SDXC card (48GB to 128GB)
- File format WAV (BWF), MP3 WAV 44.1k/48k/88.2k/96k/176.4k/192k Hz, 16/24-bit MP3 44.1k/48k Hz, 128k/192k/256k/320k bps
- Number of channels 2 channels (stereo)
- Playback Speed Control (VSA) –50% to +200% (1% step)
- Analog audio inputs
- MIC/LINE IN Connector XLR-3-31 (1: GND, 2: HOT, 3: COLD), 1/4" (6.3mm) TRS standard jack
- XLR: Phantom power compatible
- MIC IN Input
- Impendance XLR 2k? or more
- TRS 20k? or more
- Minimum Input Level –70.5dBu (PAD Off)
- Maximum Input Level –14dBu (PAD On)
- LINE IN Input Impendance 20k? or more
- Nominal Input Level +4dBu
- Maximum Input Level +24dBu
- EXT IN Connector
- 1/8" (3.5mm) Stereo mini jack (this connector can be supplied plug-in power)
- EXT MIC Input
- Impendance 50k? or more
- Minimum Input Level –46.8dBu (PAD Off)
- Maximum Input Level –2.8dBu (PAD On) EXT LINE
- Input Impendance 2k? or more
- Nominal Input Level +6dBV
- Maximum Input Level –10dBV
- Analog audio outputs
- LINE OUT Connector
- 1/8" (3.5mm) Stereo mini jack
- Output Impedance 200? EXT LINE
- Nominal Output Level –14dBV
- Maximum Output Level +6dBV
- OTHER Nominal Output Level –10dBV
- Maximum Output Level +6dBV
- PHONES Connector 1/8" (3.5mm) Stereo mini jack
- Maximum Output 40mW+40mW (32? loaded)
- Built-in Speaker 0.4W (mono)
- Digital Input DIGITAL IN Connector 1/8" (3.5mm) Stereo mini jack
- Format AES3-2003/IEC60958-4 (AES/EBU), IEC60958-3 (S/PDIF)
- CONTROL USB Connector Micro-B type Format
- USB2.0 HIGH SPEED mass storage class
- REMOTE Connector 2.5mm TRS jack Model RC-10, RC-3F
- Tripod attachment screw-hole 1/4" Tripod attachment screw-hole
- Power Supply Built-in lithium-ion rechargeable battery (3,950mAh)
- 2 AA batteries (alkaline, rechargeable NiMH or disposable lithium)
- USB bus power AC adapter (TASCAM PS-P520E, sold separately)
- External battery pack (TASCAM BP-6AA, sold separately)
- Power consumption 7.5W (maximum)
- Battery operation time STEREO WAV (BWF), 44.1kHz, 16-bit, *All times are approximate.
- Built-in lithium-ion rechargeable battery 12 hours (UNI MIC, Phantom OFF) 6 hours (MIC IN, Phantom ON +48V)
- Alkaline battery (EVOLTA) 2-¾ hours (UNI MIC, Phantom OFF) 1 hour (MIC IN, Phantom ON +48V)
- Lithium battery (Energizer ULTIMATE LITHIUM) 7 hours (UNI MIC, Phantom OFF) 3-½ hours (MIC IN, Phantom ON +48V)
- Dimensions (W×H×D) 3.1" × 6.1" × 1.4"
- Weight 15.0 oz. (including batteries) 13.2 oz. (excluding batteries)
- Operating temperature 32°F to 104°F / 0°C to 40°C
- Accessories: Digital input conversion cable, Owner's manual(including warranty)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.