Shure BETA 52A - Supercardioid Dynamic Kick Drum and Bass Microphone
Includes Free 20' XLR Cable!
- Frequency response shaped specifically for kick drums and bass instruments
- Built-in dynamic locking stand adapter with integral XLR connector simplifies setup, especially inside a kick drum.
- Studio quality performance, even a high sound pressure levels
- Supercardioid pattern for high gain before feedback and superior rejection of unwanted noise.Low sensitivity to varying load impedance.
The Shure Beta 52A is a high output dynamic microphone with a tailored frequency response designed specifically for kick drums and other bass instruments. It provides superb attack and "punch", and delivers studio quality sound even at extremely high sound pressure levels.
Designed specifically for kick drums and other bass instruments, the Shure Beta 52A high-output dynamic microphone provides superb attack and "punch", and delivers studio quality sound even at extremely high sound pressure levels. A successor to the popular Beta 52, the 52A features a redesigned knob and tightening mechanism for more durability and a wider mounting base that can accommodate a larger range of mic stands.
The Beta 52A features a modified supercardioid pattern throughout its frequency range to insure high gain-before-feedback and excellent rejection of unwanted sound. A built-in dynamic locking stand adapter with an integral XLR connector simplifies installation, particularly if the microphone is to be placed inside a kick drum. The stand adapter keeps the microphone position fixed and resists slipping, even when subjected to sharp blows and strong vibrations. A hardened steel mesh grille protects the Beta 52A from the abuse and wear associated with touring.
Frequency response shaped specifically for kick drums and bass instruments
Built-in dynamic locking stand adapter with integral XLR connector simplifies setup, especially inside a kick drum
Studio quality performance, even at extremely high sound pressure levels
Supercardioid pattern for high gain before feedback and superior rejection of unwanted noise
Hardened steel mesh grille that resists wear and abuse
Advanced pneumatic shock mount system that minimizes transmission of mechanical noise and vibration
Neodymium magnet for high signal-to-noise ratio outputLow sensitivity to varying load impedance
Legendary Shure quality and reliability
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid, rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis
- Output Level (at 1,000 Hz): Open Circuit
- Voltage: -64 dBV/Pa* (0.6 mV)*1 Pa = 94 dB SPL
- Impedance: Rated impedance is 150 ohms (45 ohms actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated low
- ZPhasing: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin
- 3Maximum SPL: 174 dB at 1000 Hz (calculated)
- Connector: Three-pin professional audio connector (male XLR type)
- Case: Silver blue enamel-painted die cast metal with hardened, matte-finished steel grille
- Adjustable, Locking Stand Adapter: Integral, dynamic locking, adjustable through 180 degrees, with standard 5/8"-27 thread
- Weight: 1.35 lbs
In the Box
- Shure BETA 52A
- 5/8" to 3/8" (Euro) Thread Adapter
- Storage Bag
- 20' XLR Cable
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.