The CR89 is a large diaphragm condenser microphone with ultra-low-noise circuitry to deliver a rich sound while minimizing any self-noise. The custom black chrome and matte black body design gives the CR89 a stunning appearance in any studio. The sound is every bit as bold as its appearance, able to handle subtle acoustic guitar tones to loud vocals while retaining a consistent sonic quality. The CR89 has an intentional low proximity effect to allow for up-close, intimate recording without the added bass and woofiness common with most microphones. Equally at home on instruments and vocals, the CR89’s body is designed to minimize unwanted body resonance while the tuned grill reduces standing waves and harmonic distortion.
- Type: Condenser microphone
- Capsule: 32mm capsule with Gold-sputtered, 6 micron diaphragm
- Frequency response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity: -30 dB re 1 V/Pat
- Impedance: 150 ohms
- Max SPL for 0.5% THD: 138 dB SPL
- S/N Ratio: 80 dB (Ref. 1 Pa A-weighted)
- Equivalent noise level: 14 dB (A-weighted IEC 651)
- Dynamic range: 124dB
Power requirements: 48V Phantom power
- Size and weight:
- Dimensions: 64mm x 185mm / 2.5in. x 7.3in.
- Weight: 840g / 1.85lbs
Metal finish: Black with black chrome accents
- Included accessories:
- MXL flight case
- MXL 89 shock mount
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.