PreSonus Eris E66 MTM Active MTM Nearfield Studio Monitor
The Eris E66 deliver an expanded and highly accurate frequency response and the widest stereo field available in their class. Their nested Midwoofer-Tweeter-Midwoofer (MTM, also known as “D'Appolito”) configuration offers improved off-axis response and spatial resolution. The result is a more consistent listening experience, smoother frequency response, and an ultra-wide, detailed stereo soundstage.
Conventional 2-way designs can cause significant early reflections from their surrounding environment. The E66 overcome this by positioning a 1.25-inch, silk dome high-frequency driver between two 4.5-inch (E44) or 6.5-inch (E66) midrange drivers. The two smaller woofers work in parallel to partially contain the dispersion of the tweeter, minimizing phase displacement. The result is incredibly detailed stereo imaging.
The E66 feature two midrange drivers that cover the same frequency range. The drivers are placed so that their acoustic centers are less than one wavelength apart for any of the frequencies they reproduce; as a result, the combined signal of both drivers propagates forward like a single waveform. This makes the comparatively small midrange drivers in the E66 behave like a single, larger driver. This mutual coupling provides a highly dynamic output in a compact footprint.
Components and construction
- Dual 6.5-inch, woven composite LF/midrange drivers produce dynamic, size-defying bass output
- 1.25-inch, silk-dome HF driver ensures smooth high-frequency performance that is never fatiguing to the ears
- Balanced XLR, balanced ¼-inch TRS, and unbalanced RCA inputs provide flexibility for seamless integration into any environment
- Acoustic tuning controls help to compensate for room anomalies, providing a consistent frequency response customized for your mix environment
- Continuously variable HF and MF controls (-6 to +6 dB)
- Low-cut filter (flat, 80 Hz, 100 Hz)
- Acoustic Space settings (Flat, -2 dB, -4 dB) compensates for room placement
Power and safety
- 90W/140W Class A/B bi-amplification for an open, clear sound
- RF interference, output-current limiting, over-temperature, and subsonic filter protection
- Amplifier “soft start” feature eliminates popping on power-up
- Internal power supply with IEC connector
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.