SKULPTsynth SE is a powerful portable performance synthesizer that allows musicians to perform and compose anywhere. This lightweight USB or battery-powered synthesizer features a unique 32-oscillator virtual analogue sound engine. Its mighty synth architecture features 2 WAVE groups, incorporating four oscillators per voice, a morphable 2-Pole resonant Filter plus a comprehensive 8-slot modulation matrix and digital effects.
The integrated Arp and 256-note Sequencer allows to play rhythmic patterns and melodies automatically. SKULPT supports MPE for next-generation expressive performances. Musicians, DJs and producers find 128 exciting preset sounds to start their synth adventure right out of the box. The free MODALapp and MODALplugin for all primary computer and mobile platforms integrates easily with any VST3 and AU compatible recording environment.
SKULPTsynth SE and SKULPTsynthesiser can be polychained in mixed setups (up to 4 synths) and the patches are cross-compatible. A wide range of free and commercial patch collections are already available to start the musical adventure immediately.
Two WAVE groups per voice with four oscillators each provide profound hands-on control over the sound and sweep smoothly between sine, triangle, saw, square, PWM and Noise sources. Additional oscillator modulation using FM, Ring Modulation or the hugely powerful on-board LFOs unveil an unmatched potential for sound customisation.
The state-variable 2-pole filters morph from lowpass through to bandpass and through to highpass. With its resonance feature, it picks out rich harmonics at high resonance levels.
Three dedicated envelopes for the filter, amp and modulation give excessive control of the dynamics and expression. Two LFOs, one global and one polyphonic, can be synced to internal or external tempo. The polyphonic LFO also syncs to a division of the played notes’ fundamental frequency for both brutal and subtle modulation of the sound.
Next-Gen Performances Out Of The Box
SKULPTsynth SE supports MPE and offers musicians creative new musical ways to model sounds with your fingertips. Connect your MPE compatible MIDI controller and endeavour next-generation expressive sound articulations only possible with a real instrument like SKULPTsynth SE.
SKULPTsynth SE has a deceptively capable real-time sequencer onboard. It is pretty easy to capture performances, quantise, loop & hold them, and capture four lanes of Animation on the fly. This alone introduces some crazy modulation possibilities and is key to getting to know this synthesiser.
This, coupled with the adaptable on-board arpeggiator, chord and transpose functions, opens an entire new world for complex and exciting synth sounds.
Polish With Effects
Built-in distortion (waveshaping overdrive) and delay effects add character and depth to the signal. The distortion delivers interesting overtone textures from subtitle to heavy overdrive.
The delay effect injects expressive complexity from short slap-backs, and room-style reverb sounds to long overlaying or psychedelic echoes using the sequencer animation. To create chorusing and other time-based effects the delay can be modulated. Internal or external sync generate rhythmic interaction with the tempo of a track.
Open To All Environments
SKULPTsynth SE has a comprehensive set of connections to power and control the synth using USB, monitor with headphones or using the dedicated line output, sync with external gear using the full-size MIDI in and out or the 3.5 mm Sync in or outputs.
The Global Tune Setting ensures a perfect integration into mixed setups with other, less accommodating equipment in studio and live applications, like analogue synthesisers or DJ turntables, which tend to be less precise in tuning.
Expanding the sound of SKULPTsynth SE is possible by polychaining up to 4 units for a total of 16 voices and 128 oscillators.
Free MODALapp for immersive sound programming sessions
The free MODALapp brings the comfort of screen-based editing on your computer or mobile device. Available as standalone app for macOS, Windows, iOS, iPadOS or Android systems and in VST3 and AU plug-in formats it is the perfect companion for synth enthusiasts looking to deep-dive to all soundforming and performance parameters to create their own signature sounds.
- Play and record rich classic and modern synthesiser sounds with the flexible 4-voice synth architecture, expandable to 16 voices via polychain
- Create and save impressive sound textures with up to 8 oscillators per voice, morphable waveforms, analogue-style morphable filter and flexible effects
- Master your performances with MPE support and the integrated real-time sequencer with up to 4 Animation lanes
- Integrate SKULPTsynth SE into your production and live performance setup thanks to its full-size MIDI connections and 3.5 mm Sync in and outs
- Access all synthesiser functions and update SKULPTsynth SE via the free MODALapp, available on macOS, Windows, iOS, iPadOS, Android and AU/VST3
- Use it anywhere with its portable and lightweight, yet durable desktop design with real-time controls and 16 touch keys, powered by 6 AA batteries or USB power
- 4 voices virtual-analogue
- 32 oscillators, 32 oscillators, 8 per voice, split into 2 WAVE groups
- Individual waveform morphing for WAVE group
- Available waveforms WAVE 1: Sine – Triangle – Saw – Square – PWM
- Available waveforms WAVE 2: Sine – Triangle – Saw – Square –Noise
- Multi option Unison / spread to detune the 32 oscillators for massive sounds
- FM, PWM, tuning and Ring Modulation options
- Mixer section for WAVE levels
- Analog-style morphing 2-pole filter with resonance
- Seamless morphing from low pass, through band pass, to high pass
- 3 x envelope generators for Filter, Amplitude and Modulation
- 2 x audio rate LFOs, one global and one polyphonic
- 8-slot modulation matrix with 8 sources and 37 destinations
Sequencer and Arpeggiator
- Realtime sequencer that will record up to 256 notes and up to 4 parameters of animation
- Fully featured arpeggiator with division, direction, octave, bipolar swing, Arp Latch and sustain controls
- Distortion (waveshaping overdrive)
- Delay with modulation, sync to internal and external tempo sources
- 128 sound memory locations
- 64 sequence memory locations
Controls and Performance
- 16-key touch MIDI keyboard
- 14 endless encoders and 13 buttons to access synth parameters for sound programming and real-time tweaks while performing
- Compatible with MPE enabled MIDI controllers for expressive performance articulations
- Monophonic, Duophonic and Polyphonic play modes available
Inputs and Outputs
- 3.5 mm / 1/8” TRS dual-mono output
- 3.5 mm / 1/8” TRS headphone output
- MIDI DIN In and Out
- 3.5mm / 1/8” Analogue clock sync In and Out
- Class compliant MIDI over USB connection
- Powered by USB or 6 x AA batteries, USB cable included
- Free editor app available for MacOS, Windows, IOS, iPadOS and Android
- Lightweight and durable hard plastic enclosure with removable protection hood
- Dimensions: 255mm x 135m x 68mm / 10” x 5 1/2” x 3”
- Weight: 0.62 kg / 1.36 lbs (without batteries)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.