Z-TONE™ DI is a premium active direct box packed with unique tone-shaping features. Whether you want more flexible routing on-stage or superior tone shaping in the studio, Z-TONE DI borrows the input circuits from our award-winning AXE I/O interface to let you do a whole lot more, and sound better doing it.
Z-TONE DI preserves the natural tone of your instrument with exceptional headroom and transient response, and gives you powerful sound-shaping options. First, an active/passive pickup switch with adjustable input gain lets you easily dial in exactly the right input level for your axe. Next, choose from PURE and JFET input channels to give you more tonal options. PURE is a completely transparent and colorless preamp that won't color your sound, while JFET offers a Class A JFET to add subtle midrange focus and warmth.
Z-TONE DI also offers our patent-pending variable impedance control, letting you dial in impedance from 1 MOhm to 2.2 kOhms to shape your sound In unique ways. At the maximum impedance, you'll find your sound tighter, sharper and more precise. Increase the load and the sound becomes thicker and more bold.
- Active/Passive pickup selector
- PURE channel for transparent sound
- JFET channel adds warmth & harmonics
- Z-TONE variable impedance control creates a wide range of tones 20 dB pad for extended operating range
- Balanced & unbalanced outputs
- Link out splits signal to amps & pedals
- Ground lift switch eliminates buzz & hum
- Rugged, stage-ready metal housing
- Designed and made in Italy
- Topology Ultra low noise, high bandwidth and ultra low distortion direct box, preamp and buffer, with variable gain and input impedance.
- Transformer-based galvanically isolated balanced output and electronically buffered low impedance unbalanced output.
- PURE and JFET input stages for total transparency or added harmonics.
- I/O Gain: Unitary, from 1/4” input JACK to both 1/4” and XLR outputs when GAIN is at 0dB and Z-TONE at the SHARP position.
- Gain Range: From -8dB to +8dB Input impedance - Z-TONE set on PASSIVE mode: Variable from 1MΩ down to 2.2kΩ
- Input impedance - Z-TONE set on ACTIVE mode: Approx 20kΩ Output impedance, unbalanced out: 56Ω Output impedance, balanced out: 600Ω
- Max input level before clipping: +13dBm when powered by 48V phantom,+9dBm when powered by 9V battery PAD: -20dB
- Dynamic Range: better than 114dB(A) for both outputs, input gain at 0dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion, balanced output, 1kHz, +4dBm input: 0.0033% (PURE), 0.2% (JFET)
- Total Harmonic Distortion, unbalanced output, 1kHz, +4dBm input: 0.00055% (PURE), 0.2% (JFET)
- Frequency response: from 5Hz to 30kHz -1dB Phase deviation: 0° +/-10° from 20Hz to 20kHz
- Power Phantom power: +48V phantom on Balanced output
- Battery power: 9V - not included
- Current consumption from P48 phantom power source: 6.5mA
- Size: 5.39" x 6.22" x 1.77"
- Weight: 33.56oz
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.