Adds Crossover Processing To Create Full Range Audio System
Many power amplifiers do not have a built-in crossover to allow you to set up your system with, for example, highs/mids in the front and woofers in the rear. The MR20PA features variable low pass crossovers and fixed high pass on all four input channels, allowing you to easily set up a two-way system. Even for amps that do have a built-in crossover function, in a marine environment where you have placed your amp in a waterproof location, it may be difficult to get the amp to make these adjustments. So for those set ups, the MR20PA places the crossover controls at your fingertips.
Input Level Controls
The MR20PA features a set of input level controls on the audio source input channels. This allows you to adjust the output level from your head unit so that the input levels presented to the amplifier are high enough to allow the amplifier to operate at a moderate power level, which can greatly extend the life of your amplifier. This is particularly a great benefit if you are adding this unit as a front end to a marine amplifier that lacks input gain controls. To give you even more control in your system setup, we have added an input sensitivity selector control, dividing the input voltage range into two, to allow you to set the input level controls with far greater accuracy.
PA Bypass capability
Generally, most users will probably want the power to be turned on to the MR20PA when their head units are tuned on. The MR20PA features a remote ON/OFF feature that does just that. You may want to disable the microphone system to prevent unruly revelers on your boat from using the mic. In this case, you can use the bypass setting on the control panel.
Custom Control Microphone
We have designed a new microphone and custom circuitry specially for our new line of marine audio components. The mic features a thumbwheel volume control and On/Off switch. Press and hold the On/Off switch and the MR20PA automatically turns off the audio playing on your head unit, allowing you to speak clearly and loudly to your passengers.
PC Board Coating
Since the MR20PA is near the water a lot of the time, the PC board is exclusively coated to protect it from the damaging effects of corrosion that humidity and the salty air can bring on over time.
- Variable low pass crossovers
- Fixed high pass crossovers
- Variable bass boost
- Variable input level controls
- LED and Mic On mode indicators
- Designed to work with two and four channel amplifiers
- Accommodates two and four channel input sources
- Independent 0 - +18 dB Bass boost on channel 1/2 and channel 3/4
What Comes In The Box?
- Custom microphone and mounting bracket
- High level RCA input cable with connectors
- Four mounting screws
- Low pass crossover frequency: 80 – 160Hz
- High pass crossover frequency: 400Hz (fixed)
- Crossover slope: 12 dB per Octave
- Subwoofer bass boost: 0 - +18 dB
- Signal to noise ratio: 110 dB• THD + N: Less than 0.01%
- Channel separation: 80 dB• Power supply: 10 – 16 V negative ground
- Output voltage: 8V max
- Input impedance: 20k Ohms
- Output impedance: 100 Ohms
- Output gain: 1:2 (+6 dB)
- Dimensions: 6.0” L x 8.6” W x 2.1” H
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.