Introducing MultiMix 4 USB FX - Desktop audio, Solved.
MultiMix 4 USB FX is a four channel desktop mixer with a USB audio interface that lets you mix live or in the home studio, and record audio directly to a computer. This compact mixer is perfect for computer recording setups, intimate live sound environments, video editing & production studios, and portable podcasting setups. It outputs line-level analog audio and stereo 16-bit, 44.1/48 kHz digital audio over USB for recording low-noise, CD-quality mixes directly to your Mac or PC.
Plug It In
The MultiMix 4 USB FX mixer has four input channels, all of which can accept a 1/4inches line input. You can plug XLR microphones into channels one and two, including condensers thanks to the selectable 48V phantom power supply. You can also plug a guitar or bass directly into channel two's switchable high impedance DI input. A stereo, 1/4inches headphone output has its own level control for private monitoring.
Get in the Mix
Ideal for live sound engineering or home recording, MultiMix 4 USB FX features onboard volume, pan, and EQ controls for making quick, accurate adjustments to your mix. The MultiMix 4 USB FX mixer has a two-channel, five-stage, multicolor LED meter for visual monitoring the main output level. Channels one and two offer switchable high-pass filtering at 75Hz to reduce low-frequency rumble, handling and wind noise. Channels one and two provide high- and low-shelving EQs, independent gain trims, and have independent pan controls. For convenient stereo mixing and recording, channels three and four are configured as a stereo pair at the level and pan controls.
Record Via USB
MultiMix 4 USB FX contains a complete USB recording audio interface. Plug the MultiMix 4 USB FX’s class-compliant USB connection into your Mac or PC without the need for software drivers and enjoy a digital-direct stereo connection with virtually any audio software application. The MultiMix 4 USB FX enables bidirectional stereo playback, so you can record the stereo Main output into your computer and listen back using the mixer as an interface from software to headphones and monitoring loudspeakers. Plus, you can record stereo audio directly to your iPad with the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (sold separately).
MultiMix 4 USB FX comes with high-quality Alesis DSP effects that include spacious reverbs, delays, phasers and much more. For lush mixes, the internal effects processor enables you to add extra depth to live sound - like a long delay on the vocalist's channel or beefing up dry recordings with some extra ambiance. Now you can use professional audio effects with your mixer whether you're out mixing the live gig or at home recording at your desktop.
Professional Software Suite
The MultiMix 4 USB FX includes all the software you need to begin your production. ProTools is the industry standard for recording software and the teams at Alesis and AVID have crafted a version of this amazing audio and MIDI recording suite.
ProTools | First Alesis Edition features Unlimited Busses, Elastic Time and Elastic Pitch, Offline Bounce and 1GB of free cloud storage space for collaboration or accessing projects from any computer anywhere that is connected to the internet – plus full compatibility with all the included AIR Music Tech Virtual Instruments. This special bundle also includes the AIR Mini Grand virtual piano, DB-33 virtual organ and Eleven Lite, with over 20 high-quality guitar, amp and effect models.
- 4-channel mixer with stereo
- (2) 1/4" inputs and stereo
- (2) 1/4" outputs
- 16-bit, 44.1/48 kHz signal stereo in / stereo out via
- USB for easy recording and playback
- (2) XLR inputs with gain trim, switchable high-pass filters, and 48V phantom power
- (4) 1/4" line-level inputs for instruments and high-impedance guitar input
- Record directly to your iPad via the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (sold separately)
- Dual-band EQ on XLR inputs for accurate tone control
- 15 DSP effects with footswitch bypass control and aux bus for external processing
- Multicolor LED metering for real-time, visual level feedback
- Headphone output with independent level control for additional monitoring and mixing
- Class-compliant USB for plug-and-play support on both Mac and PC
- Professional Software Suite Included
- ProTools First Alesis Edition, AIR Mini Grand, DB-33 and Eleven Lite
- Line (CH 1, 2): 10 Kâ„¦ input impedance 5.5 mV ~ 4.9 V RMS sensitivity for max output
- Mic (CH 1, 2): 600 â„¦ input impedance balanced 700 mV RMS sensitivity for max output
- Line (CH 3, 4): 700 mV RMS sensitivity for max output
- HPF (CH 1, 2): 200 Hz (-1 dB), 80 Hz (-3 dB), 20 Hz (-24 dB)
- Line: 7 V RMS max
- Headphone: 0.5 W into 47 â„¦
- Line: > 92 dB (max output; JIS A-weighted)
- Mic: > 62 dB Distortion: <0.02%
- Line: 20 Hz – 20 kHz (± 0.5 dB)
- Mic: 20 Hz – 15 kHz (± 0.5 dB)
- Bass: ± 14 dB @ 80 Hz
- Treble: ± 14 dB @ 12 kHz
- Channel Fader Kill: > 90 dB @ 1 kHz
- Crosstalk: > 85 dB @ 1 kHz
- Interface: USB 1.1 or higher (stereo in and stereo out)
- Power Adapter: 18 VDC, 800 mA
- Weight: 1.5lb
- Dimensions: 7 3/4 L x 6 W x 2" H
- Computer not required for mixer operation
- Mac: OS X 10.7 and up*
- PC: Windows 7 and up*
- USB port
- MultiMix 4 USB FX Mixer
- USB Cable
- Power Adapter
- Registration Card
- User Guide
- Safety and Warranty Manual