Perception 420 is a multi-pattern large-diaphragm condenser microphone for more demanding professional studio recording applications. Offering high sensitivity and 155 dB maximum SPL, the Perception 420 delivers a warm transparent sound quality ideally suited for ensemble recording, grand piano, woodwind and brass instruments as well as drums and percussion instruments. In addition, three selectable polar patterns – cardioid, omnidirectional or figure-eight – allow a wide range of stereo miking techniques and ambient recording.
A switchable bass cut filter and preattenuation pad enable the Perception 420 to be used close to sound sources in sound fields as high as 155 dB.
The microphone's chassis is made of precision-tooled zinc/aluminium alloy and boasts a dent resistant stainless-steel wire-mesh front grille. It comes complete with a spider-type shock mount in an aluminium carrying case.
- Back-to-back large-diaphragm multi-pattern transducer
- True condenser technology
- High sensitivity and 155 dB maximum SPL capability
- Switchable 20 dB preattenuation pad
- Switchable bass cut filter
- Legendary AKG sound quality
- Designed and engineered by AKG in Vienna, Austria
- Comes with spider-type shock mount and aluminium carrying case
- Type: Dual-capsule,1-inch large-diaphragm, true condenser pressure-gradient microphone
- Polar pattern: Cardioid, omnidirectional, figure-eight
- Frequency range: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 28 mV/Pa (-31 dBV)
- Max. SPL: 135/155 dB SPL (0/-20 dB) for 0.5% THD
- Equivalent noise level: 16 dB-A (IEC 60268-4)
- Signal/noise ratio (A-weighted): 78 dB
- Preattenuation pad: 0 dB, -20 dB
- Bass filter: 12 dB/octave, 300 Hz
- Impedance: <=200 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >=1000 ohms
- Powering: <=2 mA
- Power requirement: 48 V phantom power to DIN/IEC
- Connector: 3-pin XLR
- Finish: metallic blue/nickel grille
- Dimensions: 53 dia. X 165 mm/2 x 6.5 in.
- Net weight: 525 g (18.5 oz.)
- Shipping weight: 1970 g (4.3 lb.)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.