The 8NM610 is a 8 inch neodymium high output midrange frequency transducer designed around a cast aluminum sealed basket. The design goal for this unit is to achieve an extremely high sound output and quality for direct and mainly horn loaded applications such as line array configurations. The back cavity volume has been optimized with attention to horn applications and also on the heat extraction because it is a true powerful heatsink for all the encapsulated magnet structure.
An oversized external configuration neodymium magnet, considerably more efficient than traditional under-pole magnet topology, have been used in order to provide high flux density and excellent distortion control.
A flux stabilizing copper ring minimizes the overall harmonic and intermodulation distortion figure. The curvilinear cone, made with a high damping wood pulp, has been developed to achieve the best possible linearity within its frequency range.
The 75mm (3 in) aluminum inside outside voice coil employs our Interleaved Sandwich Voice coil (ISV) technology, in which a high strength fiberglas former carries windings on both the outer and inner surfaces to achieve a balanced coil with a uniform distribution of mass and motive energy. This results in an extremely linear motor assembly.
A proprietary humidity-block cone treatment makes the transducer suitable for outdoor use in adverse weather conditions. In addition, a special coating applied to both the top and back plates makes the 8NM610 far more resistant to the corrosive effects of salts and oxidization.
- 104 dB SPL 1W / 1m average sensitivity (free air)
- 3 in Interleaved Sandwich Voice coil (ISV)
- 400 W AES power handling
- High force neodymium motor assembly
- Copper ring to linearize impedance curve
- Extremely low distortion design
- Sealed basket design
- Humidity resistant cone Ideal for high quality, very high SPL midrange applications
- Nominal Impedance: 16 Ω
- Minimum Impedance: 15.0 Ω
- Nominal Power Handling: 1400 W
- Continuous Power Handling: 2600 W
- Sensitivity: 3104.0 dB
- Frequency Range: 400 - 5000 Hz
- Voice Coil Diameter: 3.0 in
- Winding Material: aluminum
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.